As a resident of Arcadia Ridge, you will be within reach of the diversity of dining, shopping, and entertainment opportunities available in San Antonio. The city has countless attractions, from water parks to historical and cultural landmarks. There is something for every member of the family; for every lifestyle and every mindset. With the summer in full swing, it is a great time to experience these local amenities.
San Antonio is known for many things, but one of its most famous landmarks is the Riverwalk. Located in the heart of downtown San Antonio, the river is a gathering hub for visitors, businesses, hotels, restaurants, and more. The rich cultural diversity and history as well as the city’s finest selections in dining and entertainment are all on display here. Planning on a visit? Read on to find out some of the park’s hottest attractions:
- Fine Dining. Looking for a finer restaurant to dine at? Biga on the Banks, selected by Gourmet Magazine as one of the “Top 5 Restaurants in Texas”, offers selections of Texas style seafood, lamb, and game. If you are a steak lover, seek out Bohanan’s, where you can feast on Texas steak, wine, and house-blended coffee.
- Casual Dining. If a casual environment is what you are seeking, try out the Baribba Cantina, home to fresh Mexican food and live music every day of the week. Want something more traditional? The County Line offers some of the city’s best barbecue while providing scenic views of the river.
Entertainment and Shopping
- Events. The Riverwalk hosts many fine art festivals and events, including frequent arts and crafts fairs, where you can browse the art and creations of local artists. The Riverwalk is also home to other kinds of events, such as Ford Canoe Challenge, where participants race canoes down the river!
- Tours. Boat tours down the river are one of the park’s most frequently visited attractions. Want to see more of the city? Segway tours are also available, where knowledgeable tour guides lead you along the river and throughout the downtown attractions.
- Shopping. Businesses and shops line the river, stocked with all kinds of items, from souvenirs to cultural arts and crafts. Be sure to visit La Villita, a neighborhood originally established over 300 years ago on the south side of the Riverwalk. The La Villita Historic Arts Center was created in 1939 to serve as a center for art education as well as a local artists’ market.
- On the Riverwalk. Never miss the action. The El Tropicano Hotel, perched on the banks of the river, treats guests to a luxurious stay with a retro twist. For something more urban and modern, the Hotel Valencia opens its doors to visitors seeking a stay above the waters of the river.
- Extended Stays. Looking for a longer stay in the San Antonio downtown area? The Embassy Suites, known for exceptional value and free cooked-to-order breakfast, is located steps from the Riverwalk. Four Points by Sheraton, a business-friendly establishment, also provides guests a luxurious place to stay for their time in the city
The Riverwalk is located in downtown San Antonio. For Arcadia Ridge residents, this means you are only half an hour’s drive away from this hub of entertainment, art, and culture. For more information about the San Antonio lifestyle afforded by Arcadia Ridge, contact us today.